Thursday, July 26, 2012

The best ways to earn and burn frequent flyer miles

by Gabriel Leigh

The possibilities of frequent flyer miles first tantalized me one evening in New York City 11 years ago, when I was 18 and I found that I?d be able to get elite status -- with its bonus miles, queue-skipping privileges and many other perks -- from a couple of international trips I had to take anyway.

Having grown up internationally, in the United States, Japan and Britain, I had spent years flying without earning miles, but from then on I was determined to put everything I had into them.

From reading online forums and tracking programs closely over the years, I became something of an expert. In 2009, I made a documentary about people who live for miles and love to fly, and I?m currently working on a longer version.

As my flying has ramped up (I travel often for work now) I now spend an hour a day on average keeping tabs on all aspects of the ever-changing world of miles. Here?s some of what I?ve learned. 

First choice

Overall, I consider the American Airlines AAdvantage program to be the best in the world.

read more

car body repair training

No comments:

Post a Comment